Do your bedrooms have window treatments already? If so, maybe next on your list is selecting the window treatments for your living room, dining room, and family room. If you already know what you want in each area, there's no reason for you to continue reading. However, maybe you are still looking for the right window treatment for each of the windows in your living areas. If so, read on for some thoughts that might be helpful.
Go With Accordion Shutters In Each Room
If you've seen accordion shutters in decorating magazines or in the homes of friends and family members, maybe you have already considered that they'd be perfect for your own house, too. There are good reasons for you to select this type of window treatment.
- Accordion shutters are affordable and will last for a very long time.
- They're so easy to install that you could probably do the job yourself.
- If you'd rather have the sales people arrange for installment, that can be arranged.
- No matter the size of the windows, measurements can be taken to make for a perfect fit.
Choose The Color Of The Shutters
Fortunately, accordion shutters come in a wide array of colors, so you will have many options to choose from.
- Are your living room and dining room areas next to each other? If so, think of selecting the same color of shutters for both rooms.
- For an elegant look in those two areas, go with a soft gray or an off-white color of shutters. Pale blue would be another good choice.
- Are you wanting a casual look in the family room? If so, think of going with tan for the color of the shutters.
- Maybe you are establishing a rustic look in the family room. Dark brown would be a perfect choice to create a rustic look.
Once the accordion shutters have been installed, they will be very easy to care for. When you dust your other wooden furniture pieces, just dust the shutters the same way, either with a feather duster or with a dust cloth. After a period of time, you might decide that extra cleaning is needed. When that time comes, choose a wooden furniture cleaner, or simply use a damp cloth that has a small amount of gentle cleanser on it. There won't be a need to dry the accordion shutters. Just let them air dry and the cleaning will be totally complete.